Get in touch

Child arrangement orders – what are they?

Since April 2014 there is no such thing as a contact order as such. This is because courts now just make residence and contact orders under one umbrella called a child arrangements order.

Under the child arrangements order, a court can state that the child will still be able to visit or stay with someone else other than the person the child lives with. Usually this will be the other parent, although it could be another named individual.

For example, if a child will solely lives with its mother, a father can ask the court to order that the child gets to visit him on certain specified days. He could even ask that the court orders webcam chats or emails between himself and the child on certain days and times.

Dependent on the case, the court can even go as far as to specify pick up times or drop off places so that the contact is very clearly laid out. Austin Kemp’s experienced team of solicitors can advise you on child arrangement orders and what your legal rights are. Getting the correct legal advice early on can make a real difference to your case.

For more information on this subject please visit our Legal Library.


Contact us to see how we can help you with child arrangement orders

For more information call our team on 0845 862 5001 or email

We offer a nationwide service. We have client meeting office facilities available, in order to have face-to-face client meetings / conferences as and when required in:

Leeds   Halifax  Manchester   Sheffield   Huddersfield   Harrogate   York

Nottingham   Birmingham   Coventry   Cambridge   Leicester   Liverpool

Canary Wharf   Wakefield   London

Make the first move

Find out how we can help you, call us on
0333 311 0925 or email us today.

Contact Us
Back to Top