Get in touch

I’m not happy with my final court order. What can I do?

You’ve walked out of court and you’re not happy with the outcome. What can you do? The first thing to do if you are unhappy with your final court order is to get some expert independent legal advice. Ideally this advice should be sought from the solicitor that handled your case but if you don’t want to go back to your original solicitor then you can choose any solicitor you wish. It is worth noting that the process may be quicker with someone who already knows your case. A solicitor will be able to advise you what the best course of action would be and how best to proceed with this. A solicitor will also be able to advise you what kind of outcome you can expect and whether it is worth pursuing your issue further.

It could be that your solicitor advises you that you can appeal your court order. If this is the case, you will need to go back to the same judge who issued your order and ask for his/her permission to take your appeal to a higher court. If the higher court thinks that the decision made by the original judge was either unjust or wrong because of a procedural irregularity (this has to be serious) in the proceedings then your appeal will be allowed.

If you are considering appealing your court order it is advisable to go and see a solicitor as soon as possible as there are certain time constraints with regards to appealing a court order.

Make the first move

Find out how we can help you, call us on
0333 311 0925 or email us today.

Contact Us
Back to Top