Get in touch

International Divorce

The petition

In order to start the divorce process, the petitioner will file the petition at court. You will need your marriage certificate (or an official copy of your marriage certificate) in order to file the divorce petition.

It is normal practice for a copy of the divorce petition to be sent to the respondent at least a week before taking it to court to file it, so the respondent has a chance to look through its contents and take legal advice on it.

However, this is not always possible, especially if speed is of the essence and there are questions surrounding jurisdiction.

If you are in any doubt about any element of the divorce process, it is highly recommended to seek legal advice from solicitors who are experienced in divorces with international elements, such as Austin Kemp.

Chess Piece

Make the first move

Find out how we can help you, call us on
0333 311 0925 or email us today.

Contact Us
Back up to top Back to Top